Add a Department
Now you're ready to setup your store, the first thing you need to do is add a Department. Adding a Department is a great way of grouping inventory items into different categories.
1. To add a department, click on the Options menu, then click on Adiminstrative at the bottom left. Select Department Maintenance.
2. A Window entitled Department Maintenance will appear on your screen.
3. Click on Add.
4. For Department ID, enter 1000.
5. Use <TAB> to move from Department ID to Department Description.
6. For Department Description, enter Hardware.
7. Choose the Department Type as Regular.
8. Click on Save. Congratulations, you have just entered a Department.
Now that you've added a department to Cash Register Express go to the next step of the tutorial: Add a Vendor.
Step 4: Add a Department
Step 5: Add a Vendor
Step 6: Add an Inventory Item
Step 7: Add a Customer
Step 8: Process a Cash Transaction
Return to main tutorial screen
Return to the POS library.
Contact Us for the Best Deals Anywhere: 1-866-468-5767